How to use the dehumidifier mode of heat pumps?
Why install a heat pump in the cellar / basement?
- Humidity can cause problems in your home and also for your health (mold, allergies, asthma, etc.)
- A heat pump with dehumidifier can help reduce humidity and improve air quality by drying it out.
- Be sure to maintain your heat pump for optimum performance in all operating modes.
Why in the basement / cellar?
Basements can be damp, which can cause problems for people as well as house structures. To fight against this phenomenon, many cellars are equipped with dehumidifiers which make it possible to control the level of humidity.
More and more people are opting for the installation of a heat pump in order to combine the two benefits of heat and dehumidification.
The floor above is heated and the air in the cellar is dried at the same time.
To get the most out of your heat pump in dehumidifier mode, it is important to know how to use it correctly. Here are a few tips :
- Direct the air stream downwards for better air circulation.
- Make sure the wall unit is clear.
- If possible, open a window or door to help ventilate the room.
- Adjust the humidity level according to your needs.
- Make sure that the water flow is well positioned to avoid damage caused by the discharge of condensates.
By following these tips, you can get the most out of your dehumidifier and keep your home comfortable and free from excessive humidity.