Heat pumps protect your home from extreme temperatures and improve your comfort, but it's important to protect them properly.
Here are some tips to protect your heat pump:
- Check the condition of your air filter and change it regularly. A dirty air filter can reduce efficiency and lead to additional costs.
- Make sure the heat pump is installed in a shaded area, so that it is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Clean the outdoor unit regularly to prevent the build-up of dirt, dust and debris.
- Hire a professional to perform annual maintenance on your heat pump. Regular maintenance will allow you to detect problems before they become serious.
- Have your heating and air conditioning system inspected by a professional to make sure it is working properly.